Vital Phases of Restoring Raleigh Water Damage Incidents
Our SERVPRO Team Knows Water Damage Cleanup
Information is the best way for homeowners to be more at ease with work that must be done on their properties following water emergencies. From leaks to burst pipes, the impact of water on the house can be swift and widespread. Our services include:
- Emergency Services
Raleigh water damage requires direct and fast action. As reputable restoration professionals for all of Wake County, we have team members ready to move when these disasters first impact your property. Our Green Fleet is standing by 24/7 for quick mitigation solutions.
Early Services for Water Damage Threats
Mitigation is one of the most necessary actions to alleviate the out-of-pocket expenses for the customer and protect the property from avoidable harm. While this could describe dozens of actions, mitigation often focuses most on relocating preservable contents, water removal services, and conducting any needed temporary construction or demolition before restoration starts.
Water Removal Services
Surface water is among the more significant initial challenges for responding technicians, primarily because it requires several types of units to achieve. Multiple extractors are often simultaneously needed, depending on the spread and severity of pooling and standing water concerns. Each type of water removal tool in our inventory is ideal for specific conditions:
- Pumps – Pumps and submersibles are the more powerful extractors in our stock. These provide continuous and high-volume water removal services within a couple of inches from the flooring surface.
- Vacuums – Vacuums manage a smaller volume of water that does not typically exceed more than an inch or two in overall depth. The portability of wet vacuums makes them ideal for extraction in some of the multi-story structures at NC State or the Downtown District.
- Specialty Extractors – Units like drying mats, weighted extractors, light wands, and others can be used in particular water damage situations to help pull out moisture from flooring and wall assemblies before more significant harm to the structural integrity results.
The Focus of Full Drying
Drying is one of the critical elements of every water restoration project our IICRC-certified professionals undertake. Failure to fully resolve trapped moisture and damp pockets in wall and ceiling assemblies can provide suitable conditions for mold growth or allow the degradation of building materials. We must contend with water removal in three phases:
- Surface Water - Surface water describes the state where moisture has yet to penetrate a material. This can be the pooling of water that must be addressed with extraction devices and the wet outermost layer, which is often the most widespread drying need.
- Trapped Water - When water begins to move through porous building materials and find new, dry areas to impact, some of this moisture becomes trapped. Free water within a building material can be drawn out with equipment like drying mats, but only in the time before it begins to chemically bond with the material.
- Bound Water - In the state where water becomes chemically bound to molecules in a hosting material, the affected element is no longer the same. Distortion, warping, bloating, and other potential changes to the material render it unsalvageable and require removal and discarding.
Needed Water Damage Repairs
Repairs and reconstruction are often required to restore a home or business after a water emergency fully. Because we are full-service professionals, we provide a wealth of build-back services as needed following disasters. Some of the more common areas where these repairs are necessary are:
- Wall Assemblies
- Ceiling Systems
Raleigh water damage incidents keep our SERVPRO of Cary / Morrisville / Apex team ready to respond when needed. There is no set time for disasters to strike, so trained technicians must be able to mobilize rapidly in a crisis. We keep our Green Fleet ready to roll out at the first notice of loss when you call (919) 615-1160